Friday, November 21, 2008

Armchair Wanderlust & Bridges in the Sky

Sky or earth, steel or stone, rail or road: Choices all


While time speeds past me


Or me past it


A soul might travel forever and remain unmoved


Or attain apexes unimaginable


And though the path is oft shrouded in fog


The sun rises in the morning


And the way grows clear


Bridges appear through the faltering mist


And I continue along the road less traveled


As always, thanks for stopping by and take care.



Home|Welcome|Table of Contents|Explore|Upcoming Events|Patrons|Marketplace|Contact|Privacy

3 comments:

Pineconejohnny.blogspot.com said...

Always enjoy your posts. Thanks for taking the time.

best, bob

sojourner said...

Have you considered doing a book? This post was so thoughtful. It's one of your best yet!

Mark T. Alamed said...

Thank you, Bob!

I would love to do a book, Barbara. One subject I'd love to explore more is the New Haven - Northampton Canal. It never fails to amaze me that the solid ground I stand on where I catch the bus here in Westfield to get to work in Springfield (at the Stop & Shop on Main Street) was once part of a man-made waterway stretching from Northampton to Long Island Sound and that that particular section was widened out and known as the 'Port of Westfield.'

I also find it cool that many of the Irish ditch-diggers lived right in that area, many on Mechanic Street, which I walk up every morning, and where my maternal great-grandparents (Cavanaughs) found themselves shortly after they came over from the Emerald Isle. Maybe someday I'll get around to tackling the subject.

As far as poetry kind of stuff, I have enough for ten books, lol. Most of it is kind of gloomy, so, even if there is a market for it, I'm not sure that's what I want to leave behind in the world. I am finding that I'm beginning to lighten up a bit, though. If I'm not writing a lot of great, upbeat poems, at least I'm avoiding penning any gloomy ones!

Take Care!

Mark